This is on everyone’s mind lately – it’s hard to avoid the worry and stress. I’ve been reminding hubby and the kids to wash their hands, avoid touching their face, and practice social distancing for a few weeks now. Even though it’s not hitting us hard here in Maryland yet, it’s only a matter of time. We’re getting a warning of what’s to come from places like Italy – my prayers are definitely with everyone hit by this bug.
Here in Montgomery County Maryland, we have capable public officials who are on the case. Schools have stopped meeting for in-person classes and teachers are preparing for remote learning for the next two weeks. Meanwhile, any gatherings of 250 people or more are being discouraged (sorry sports and music fans!).
The state has some useful information online now, so I thought these phone numbers and links were worth sharing here – phone numbers for information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and testing logistics. Take it or leave it…
- Maryland Department of Health – some useful information
- Montgomery County Public Health Services (local health department) 240-777-1755
- Maryland Department of Health (regular business hours) 410-767-6700
- Maryland Department of Health (after hours) 410-795-7365
- Briefing from the Board of Health, Montgomery County Council
- Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), COVID-19 information
As I said the other day, I’m doing all I can to stop the spread of this virus here in Maryland to protect someone’s parents. I’m hoping and praying that people down in South Carolina are doing the same to protect my mother. We’re all in this together. Stay healthy and stay safe.